Dear Bolton Neighbours,
I don’t know all the issues I will have to vote on as Councillor. But, you as a voter must decide who best represents your values, and trust their judgement. Seth Godin said, “You are the trail you’ve left behind, the people you’ve influenced, the work you’ve done.” I can tell you my trail is just beginning, and there is lots more work to be done here.
I think Bolton is a great place to Work, Play, and Live, but I
think know we can do better.... and we deserve it!
These are the ideas that I have and will act on when I'm elected as your Ward 5 (Bolton) Area Councillor. And if you have an any concerns or great ideas for Bolton yourself, I'd love to hear from you. Please contact me and let me know.
If you care about the future of Bolton, please get out October 22 and show your support – Steve Conforti for Bolton Area Councillor.
- Consult with our local shops, businesses and restaurants to help them develop a “Choose Local” network.
- Encourage the Town of Caledon adopt a “Choose Local” philosophy and use local services whenever possible.
- Collaborate with the Town’s Caledon Business Innovation Zone (CBIZ) and all of our local business and networking groups to better connect our businesses, provide them with more resources, and give them support they require to succeed.
- Advocate for more good paying, professional jobs.
- Revitalize and beautify Downtown Bolton to make it safe and fun place to enjoy.
- Ensure residents have enough recreation programs, services and facilities in Bolton that provide sports, arts and entertainment, so that we can play in town. This includes youth, teens, adults, seniors, and special needs.
- Help increase awareness and support for local sports organizations and service groups.
- Encourage and promote more great community events to allow us to get out and enjoy time with our friends and neighbours.
- Promote our green spaces, hiking and bike trails to help encourage outdoor activity and increase tourism.
- Residential growth is long overdue. Affordable and accessible housing options for seniors as well as first-time home buyers must be considered in future development.
- Explore infill and intensification options currently available in Bolton.
- Advocate for safety in “kids zones” where speeding is an issue.
- Encourage and promote community safety through Neighbourhood Watch groups.
- Support for our Fire & Emergency Services.
- Support for transit services for seniors, youth and special needs.
- We need our Ward 5 councillors to work together as a team to move Bolton forward with positive changes for our community. Bolton needs a strong, united voice at the council table.
- No more personal agendas – let’s do what is best for our community, and Caledon as a whole.
- Bolton needs new and creative ideas to help give us our own identity – who are we, and who do we want to be?
- We also need improved communication between the Town and residents. We must encourage more engagement and involvement from the residents, and provide more open dialogue from the Town to the community by using modern technology more effectively.